- Faculty, staff, and doctoral students of the Department of Teaching and Learning;
- Alumni of the doctoral programs of the Department of Teaching and Learning;
- Visiting scholars in the Department of Teaching and Learning;
- Students enrolled in
Ethnography of Literacy and Language or
Discourse Analysis in Education Research
- Students enrolled in courses taught by LES faculty.
- Others providing a rationale consistent with the missions of CVEDA.
- Storage of video, audio, and digital data on the CVEDA server.
- Use of equipment for data collection (not for student teaching or instructional purposes). These include video cameras, tripods, audio recorders, portable scanners, microphones, headphones, and more.
- Use of equipment for video editing.
- Use of computers and software for analysis of video and audio recordings.
- Use of books from the CVEDA library.
- Access to all CVEDA activities and events.
- Listed on CVEDA listserv newsletters.
- May reserve the CVEDA conference room for appropriate events.
- If use of any of the resources of the CVEDA contributes to a research project, program of research, a paper, or a publication, the following wording (or similar wording) should be included: “We acknowledge the Center for Video Ethnography and Discourse Analysis (CVEDA) of the Department of Teaching and Learning of The Ohio State University, in support of the research reported in this [paper, article, chapter, book, etc]. The opinions expressed here do not necessarily represent the views or policies of the CVEDA.”
- When borrowing or using equipment, appropriately care for and maintain the equipment and report any problems with the equipment immediately.
- Engage in ethical practices regarding the privacy and confidentiality of the data stored in CVEDA and report any violations of such ethics immediately.
- Maintain the security of the CVEDA offices by keeping access codes confidential and not sharing the access codes with people who are not members of CVEDA.
- Participate in CVEDA activities, committees, and events as appropriate.
For more information on affiliating CVEDA, contact any of CVEDA’s co-Directors or submit the form below.
Yes, I am interested in affiliating with CVEDA.